Institute of Art History of Slovak Academy of Sciences was established in 1990.
1953 - Department for Theory and History of Art, Institute of History SAS
1955 - Department of Theory and Art History SAS
1967 - Institute of Theory and Art History SAS
1973 - Division of Art-Historical Institute SAS
1990 - Institute of Art History of SAS
Institute of Art History SAS concentrates on a research into the Slovak art history and architecture and their international context. The subject involves an investigation into painting, sculpture, handicraft and architecture since Middle Ages till 20th Century; an analysing of a historical development, international relations, iconographical motives, social bounds and theoretical aspects of history of Slovak art. Results of the research are published in a form of monographs or as journal studies (see staff).
The Institute is a publisher of art-historical journal ARS.
The Institute of Art History of SAS is a member of the international association RIHA (Research Institutes in the History of Art).
|Head of the Institute:||Prof. PhDr. Ivan Gerát PhD.|
|e-mail: email@example.com, tel.: 00-421-2-54793895|
|Deputy director:||Mgr., Mgr Art. Barbara Balážová PhD.|
|e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 00-421-2-54793896|
|e-mail: email@example.com, tel.: 00-421-2-54793895|
|Chairman of scientific board:||Mgr. Jozef Medvecký CSc.|
|e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 00-421-2-54793896|
|Address:||Institute of Art History of SAS, Dubravska 9, SK-841 04 Bratislava 4, Slovak Republic|